When you visit the Sites or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We may choose to communicate with you by e-mail, text messaging, or by posting notices on the Sites. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
Trademarks. The trademarks, trade dress, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Sites are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Waste Management, its affiliates, its third-party licensors and others. You are not permitted to use any of the Trademarks displayed on the Sites, without the prior, express written consent of Waste Management, its affiliates, or the third-party licensors that may own the Trademark. You may not use any hyper or HTML links, meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Waste Management’s or its affiliates’ name or Trademarks without the express written consent of Waste Management, its affiliates, or third-party licensors. All rights reserved.
Sites Materials. All Trademarks, and materials displayed on, or contained within the Sites, including, but not limited to, layout, color schemes, design, text, editorial materials, informational text, photographs, illustrations, artwork and other graphic or digital materials, and names (collectively, the "Materials"), are the property of Waste Management, its affiliates or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and all other applicable intellectual property laws. You acknowledge and agree that the Sites and the Materials are the property of Waste Management, its affiliates and licensors, and that you will not acquire any rights or licenses in any trademarks, patents, copyrights, or other intellectual property on the Sites or in the Materials. You may download a copy of the Materials for your personal non-commercial use. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Materials or Trademark or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Waste Management or its affiliates without the express written consent of Waste Management.
The Sites may provide you and other users an opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to us, the Sites or others ("Post"; Posting or "Postings"). By Posting, you grant us a royalty-free, worldwide, non-terminable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, market, publish, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote such Posts (in whole or in part) in any medium now known or hereafter devised, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes including, without limitation, the right to publish your name in connection with your Post; and the right to sublicense any or all of these rights. You acknowledge that we own all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work or other derivative work created using or incorporating the Post. Please remember that you are ultimately responsible for all of your Postings and you warrant and represent that: (i) the Post does not and will not infringe on any copyright or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation; (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary, releases, copyright and other related rights to the Post, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity; and (iii) that each person depicted in any picture or photograph that you submit as part of the Post, if any, has provided consent to the use of the photograph. No compensation will be paid for the use of your Post, including, without limit, any photograph you may provide, and your Posts will not be returned to you, and will not be treated as confidential information.
Postings do not reflect the views of Waste Management or its affiliates. We do not have any obligation to monitor, edit, or review any Postings on the Sites. We assume NO responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such Postings nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such Postings on the Sites. At its sole discretion, Waste Management reserves the right to remove any Posting from the Sites.
Pursuant to our rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), 17 U.S.C. § 512, we have designated a copyright agent to receive copyright infringement notices for claims of infringement related to materials found on our Sites. Our designated agent is Waste Management’s General Counsel. Our General Counsel can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via U.S. Mail at: Waste Management General Counsel, 1021 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77002.
DMCA Infringement Notification. To be effective, your infringement notification must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material or content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or have access disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, including address, telephone number and email address where the complaining party may be contacted;
5. The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”; and
6. The following statement: “The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I swear that I am the copyright owner or that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
1. Waste Management will remove or disable access to the content that is alleged to be infringing;
2. Waste Management will forward the written notification to the alleged infringer; and
3. Waste Management will take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that we have removed or disabled access to the content.
DMCA Infringement Counter Notification. Pursuant to the DMCA, after the alleged infringer receives a notice of infringement from Waste Management, the alleged infringer will have the opportunity to respond to Waste Management with a counter notification (“Counter Notification”). To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to Waste Management’s designated copyright agent, and must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled;
3. The following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that it is my good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”; and
4. The alleged infringer’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the alleged infringer’s address is located, or if the alleged infringer’s address is outside of the United States, or any judicial district in which Waste Management may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon the copyright agent’s receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above, the DMCA provides that the removed material will be restored or access re-enabled and we will comply with this requirement as required by law, provided that the designated agent has noft received notice from the original complaining party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on our network.
Waste Management and its affiliates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, Waste Management does not warrant that descriptions of services or other content on the Sites are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Neither Waste Management nor its affiliates are responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
THE SITES ARE PROVIDED BY WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS AFFILIATES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WASTE MANAGEMENT, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS LICENSORS, MAKE NO RESPRESENTATION AND DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS REGARDING ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THOSE ARISING BY LAW, STATUTE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR COURSE OF DEALING AND WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM WASTE MANAGEMENT ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
WASTE MANAGEMENT, ITS AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEIR LICENSORS, ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS AFFILIATES RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, OR TO WITHDRAW OR DELETE ANY CONTENT, IN ANY PORTION OF THE SITES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS AFFILIATES MAY MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES TO THE SITES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS AFFILIAITES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY STORAGE SERVICES AND ITS CONTENTS, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
USE OF "COOKIES" AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY. WASTE MANAGEMENT AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS MAY USE INDUSTRY PRACTICES AND METHODS, INCLUDING COOKIES, CLEAR GIFS, WEB BEACONS, IP ADDRESSES, AND LOG FILES, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY (“WEB TRACKING TECHNOLOGY”), TO ENABLE WASTE MANAGEMENT TO REVIEW VISITORS AND PAGES THAT A USER VISITS DURING EACH SITE SESSION. WASTE MANAGEMENT MAY LINK INFORMATION GATHERED USING WEB TRACKING TECHNOLOGY TO PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU CONSENT TO THE USE OF SUCH WEB TRACKING TECHNOLOGY AND CONSENT TO ALL LEGAL USES OF PERSONAL AND NON–PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED THROUGH TRACKING TECHNOLOGY USED ON THE SITES OR BY WASTE MANAGEMENT’S THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
BUYER takes PRODUCT subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale incorporated into every sale of PRODUCT made to BUYER by FlyAshDirect, Ltd:
1. POSSESSION AND TITLE TO PRODUCT SHALL COMPLETELY TRANSFER TO BUYER UPON TRANSFER TO CARRIER’S VESSEL AT SHIPPING POINT, AT WHICH TIME BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK OF LOSS AND LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH DELIVERY AND SELLER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO BUYER FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY.
2. BUYER shall observe all applicable state and federal laws concerning the transportation, handling, storage and use of the PRODUCT.
3. BUYER and CARRIER assume all responsibility for assuring that shipments are within current DOT weight limits, and shall under no circumstances allow a shipment to leave the property where loaded if overweight. SELLER assumes no liability or responsibility for any fines or tickets resulting from shipments which are overweight, unless SELLER’s scale weights at the point of loading are proven to be in error.
4. SELLER DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF THE PRODUCT FOR AN PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR AS TO THE QUALITY OR QUANTITY PRODUCED.
5. BUYER acknowledges that PRODUCT is sold by SELLER “AS IS, WHERE IS and AS PRODUCED” with all faults, and it is BUYER’s responsibility to conduct proper testing, prior to use in any particular application, to ensure PRODUCT is suitable for BUYER’s particular application.
6. SELLER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE, AND BUYER WAIVES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SELLER, FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER DUE TO OR ARISING OUT OF FAILURE OF PRODUCT TO PERFORM, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OF SELLER. BUYER's exclusive remedy for any cause of action hereunder shall be, at SELLER’s election, replacement of PRODUCT, or a claim for damages not to exceed the price of the PRODUCT causing the claim.
7. BUYER shall indemnify, defend and hold SELLER, and SELLER’s affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, costs, expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), liability, demands and causes of action of every kind and character, including but not limited to the amounts of judgments, penalties and interest, relating to or arising from bodily injuries to or death of any person, or damage to property (including any contamination of or diminution in value of property), arising from or relating to (i) the PRODUCT sold to BUYER hereunder; or (ii) the BUYER’s performance hereof, negligence or willful misconduct or violation of law. This paragraph shall survive any termination hereof.
8. BUYER agrees to be bound by SELLERS payment terms of net 15 days unless otherwise stated in writing.
9. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio, and venue shall lie in Hamilton County, Ohio
10. The failure of either party at any time to enforce any provision of this Agreement, to exercise its rights under any provision hereof, or to require a certain performance of any provision hereof, shall in no way be construed as a waiver of such provision, nor in any way affect the validity of this Agreement or the right of such party thereafter to enforce each and every provision hereof. No waiver shall ever occur unless first reduced to writing and signed by the party to be charged with the waiver.
11. All technical advice, lab data and/or recommendations of SELLER rendered to BUYER, if any, are intended for use by persons having the appropriate education and skill. SELLER shall not be liable for any use or non-use of such advice and/or recommendations.